Sunday, January 26, 2014

My newest crochet creation!

As I promised from last nights blog, here is my latest creation.



I looked and looked so much for just a regular basket pattern I would be OK with making and that would be big enough for all my yarn. Then I saw a pin for hanging baskets and started looking at those. Still, after all of this looking, could not for the life of me find a pattern big enough for all of my yarn. I'm talking, size 3 diaper 144 counts diaper box overfilled with skeins of yarn. So I found one that by the looks of the picture looked big enough, and by the time I got to where it told me to pretty much start bringing it in, it was going to maybe hold 2 small balls of yarn. Nope. I'm done. I'm just gonna wing it and go with the flow! So I made up my own pattern that took me what seemed like forever, but turned out great! I'll just have to make a few more for the rest of it haha. 

**The one thing I ask of you-you can make this product for yourself or a friend, but please do not claim this as your own or sell the finished product. I worked really hard on this and am too proud of my work to let someone else call it their own. Thank you for understanding :]


And now to move on to my FREE pattern! I want to make sure before you start you know what you're getting yourself into. This took me probably about 12-16 hours TOTAL, not in one sitting. You'll need lots of time and of course patience. Trust me, it's worth it in the end!


So you have a better understanding about how big this will be, the dimensions are 14" in length and 18" wide. And very stretchy.
I used [almost] a whole skein of white yarn and a bluish turquoise.
11mm hook
Stitch markers

*Note: I worked in a spiral. Much easier than joining every row. 

Round 1- Ch 2. 6 sc in 2nd ch. (6)
Round 2- 2sc each st (12)
Round 3- 1sc in next st, 2sc in next. Cont. around (18)
Round 4- 1sc in next 2 st, 2sc in next. Cont. around (24)
Round 5- sc in next 3 st, 2sc in next. Cont. around (30)
Round 6- sc in next 4 sts, 2sc in next. Cont. around (36)
Round 7- sc in next 5 sts, 2sc in next. Cont. around (42)
Round 8- sc in next 6 sts, 2sc in next. Cont. around (48)
Round 9- sc in next 7 sts, 2sc in next. Cont. around (54)
Round 10- sc in next 8 sts, 2sc in next. Cont. around (60)
Round 11- sc in next 9 sts, 2sc in next. Cont. around (66)
Round 12- sc in next 10 sts, 2sc in next. Cont. around (72)
Round 13- sc in next 11 sts, 2sc in next. Cont. around (78)
Round 14- sc in next 12 sts, 2sc in next. Cont. around (84)
Round 15- sc in next 13 sts, 2sc in next. Cont. around (90)
Round 16- sc in next 14 sts, 2sc in next. Cont. around (96)
Round 17- sc in next 15 sts, 2sc in next. Cont. around (102)
Round 18- sc in next 16 sts, 2sc in next. Cont. around (108)
Round 19- sc in next 17 sts, 2sc in next. Cont. around (114)
Round 20- sc in next 18 sts, 2sc in next. Cont. around (120)

I know this seems like a lot, but trust me, this is just the base. We're just getting started.

Rounds 21-43- sc all the way around (120)

That should be the long haul. Now get yourself excited and give it all you've got because this is it! We're heading towards the end!

Read this before you start on the following rounds. I didn't have a stitch marker (still waiting on them to come in) so I'm sure I lost count a few times, and I didn't count these stitches around. Gives you a little wiggle room, too.
Round 44- sc in next 6 sts, sc2tog. All the way around
Rounds 45-46- sc all the way around
Round 47- sc in next 5 sts, sc2tog. All the way around.
Rounds 48-49- sc all the way around
Round 50- sc in next 4 sts, sc2tog. All the way around. 
Rounds 51-52- sc all the way around
Round 53- sc in next 3 sts, sc2tog. All the way around.
Rounds 54-55- sc all the way around

Now by the time I got to the last round, it was just one single row of the turquoise color.

For the strap:
Ch. 6. Sc in 2nd ch from hook and down (5)
sc2tog in next space (like you would be starting a ribbing pattern look)
Ch. 9, sc in 2nd from the hook and down (8)
Sl st up previous strip and connect together.

I also rolled the skeins into balls so it would look better. That took forever as well. lol.

And voila! I hope you enjoy this pattern and it was easy enough to follow. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

~Namaste~

No comments:

Post a Comment